Samsung has made it again just like last year with the over all hype over new Samsung device ; was the year of the multi-core processor, 2013 is surely the year of the big screen.
With the release of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 the Galaxy Mega 5.8, Samsung is looking to blur the lines between phone and phablet even further, by adding more inches to its repertoire of display sizes.
Based on the review from various sources Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is the lesser half of the new Mega duo, and if a 6.3″ screen is just too big for you, then 5.8″ may be just your size.And the plus point being there may even be a few people out there that might still consider it a phone.
Having said that the Key Advantages and Disadvantages can be described as follows
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; quad-band 3G with HSPA; LTE; Dual-SIM version.
- 5.8″ 16M-color qHD (540 x 960) TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen.
- Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Dual-core 1.4 GHz Broadcom CPU, VideoCore IV GPU
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash,1080p video recording @ 30fps.
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording.
- Dual shot and dual video recording, Drama shot, Shot and sound
- Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 8GB of built-in storage
- microSD card slot
- microUSB port with USB host and MHL
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2,600mAh battery
- 9mm thickness; 180g of weight
- Big, even for a phablet
- Resolution kinda low for the screen size
- kinda low performance
- Design is a bit played out by now
- Shared camera interface makes framing tricky.
Give the fact that Samsung will be on a constant hardware update .It would be a good bargain if anyone would like to give it a try .
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 for AT&T (SGH-i527) hits the FCC. US Cellular might launch the handset, too (unwiredview.com)
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 up for pre-order online for Rs 30,990 (ibnlive.in.com)