Microsoft has yet a new product on its way to release cycle to keep its dedicated fans cheerful.the new version of the windows 8 being called Windows Blue has the look and feel of windows 8 obviously ,along with certain tweaks.Windows 8.1 will be launched at the Microsoft Build developer conference in San Francisco on June 26 and the final version will be available as a free downloadable Windows 8 update.
Based on the industry sources the following features can be considered as a major change.
1. Lock screen slideshow- This can turn your PC or tablet into a picture frame by making your Lock screen a slide show of your pictures – either locally on the device or photos from Microsoft Sky-drive.
2. More backgrounds- more colors and backgrounds for the Start screen – including some with motion along with desktop background.
3. Enhanced apps-MS has tweaked certain features of the app segment by providing performance and GUI based upgrade.
4. More snap views- Re size the apps and multitask to the hearts content.
5. Save direct to Skydive, plus offline files
6. Different tile sizes
7. A new Internet Explorer
Having said that would have to wait and see if”Windows Blue ” leaves up to the expectations of the ever developing OS track line.With the recent market adaptation of the Windows 8 environment it should not be a hard nut to crack.
PC ,when they have urgent things to look to and ya if there’s an issue of not so friendly type environment then it a really frustrating…(o ya looking at u snoopy neighbor ..taking every opportunity to have a glance at the final work report ) .How easy it would be if the PC would lock or shut it self down when the respective user is not in a given radius.
Voila!! there’s an app just to serve this purpose.
Its an app that works on the simple principle of Bluetooth proximity .Its usually known as Bluetooth proximity lock;the name says it all.
It’s a utility tool that pairs with any mobile device that you usually carry around and have a Bluetooth functionality in it .Just pair it with the PC(desktop ,laptop,tablet etc ) which;obviously should have a Bluetooth functionality.
Set the app as usual along with the normal applications.Make necessary changes in the install menu if required
That’s it you have all setup and ready to go .
Well if the user belongs to the group of geeks who would like to play around with stuff ;well they can tweak this app to their to their hearts content .
As this app provides user to write shell scripts,run files …etc .
And above all its free….:D
Events are stored in three log files: Application, Security, and System. These logs can be reviewed and archived.
For our purposes we want the System log. Click on “System” in the left-hand column for a list of events.
Look for a date and time when you weren’t home and your computer should have been off.
2. Double click on the eg: information and it will show u the detail.
You can also use this log to see how long someone was on the computer. Just look at the time the computer was turned on and off for that day.